summer

summer

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Halloween!














October 27, 2009


It's my favorite time of year, Fall! I love Halloween. It has been a family tradition that we all dress up and party it up on Halloween. In years past we have been very passionate about our family's costumes following some kind of group theme.Unfortunately this year because of our "oh so poor" state in life, we will be recycling past years costumes. NOOOOOO! I know it is such a tragedy, but we will survive. Being new in town helps. I did a practice run through of Ava's Cinderella costume and she tried to make a break for it. I heard the front door shut, and found her in the apartment hallway in her costume with rain boots on and a pumpkin bucket. I convinced her that despite her knocking, no one would give her candy. She is just a little bit excited for Halloween. I will post our pics next week of our super cute costumes. We visited a beautiful pumpkin farm in Maryland on the way to D.C. last week. The changing leaves were breath taking. We took a hayride to pick our pumpkin right off the vine. We have gone to farms almost every year of our marriage, and have become some kind of conceited pumpkin snobs. It is as if getting a pumpkin from the grocery store is some how below us. We gotten to the point that the pumpkin isn't cool unless we get it off the vine! Oh well, there are worse things to be snobs about. We also made Halloween cut out sugar cookies and decorated them with purple and orange icing. So fun! On Friday Tepper will have a pumpkin carving event. It started a couple years ago and has become a Tepper tradition. There is also a costume party. Pittsburgh will be interesting for trick or treating. We will probably go to South Point Breeze and Squirrel Hill to trick or treat. I'll post the pics and any eventful stories then! Have a great week, and go on a leaf tour! It is beautiful out!




2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun in the Kruse house! I hope we can hang out sometime soon! I love your blog. I also have one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! How did you do this? I've never seen anyone with a blog like this. Can't wait to see the photos. love ya!

    Your sissy, Kelly

    ReplyDelete